Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Great workouts

Have done a couple of solid workouts in the past couple of days - yesterday I played around with side press and some dumbbell snatches as well as some kettlebell work with some new moves introduced by Coach MacDermott - today we did three rounds of 2' of box jumps, wall ball, and ring push ups with 2' of ergometer work. I found it pretty interesting to catalog the different ways I tried to improve over each round and how I would change my approach if I was to do the workout again.

Taking the approach of "figuring out" the workout may not be the most competitive or intense but it definitely made the time go quicker and made the work manageable. For early fitness preparation I think that focusing on the 'how' rather than the 'how many' made it easier...but I can see how it will be fun to compete VERY soon.

Here are a couple of videos I found online of ridiculous athleticism and hand eye coordination... and then an athlete who gets simply worn down by his opponent. Fitness anyone?