Friday, December 21, 2007

Trinity Women's Rowing: Know Your Teammates

I've started receiving the questionnaire responses from many of the team and they are awesome to read. You'll certainly have a chance to get to know your teammates better. The aim is for everyone to have a personal page with action picture and head shot. Here's a quick smattering of responses (anonymous for now):

Please describe your most memorable racing experience at Trinity College:
The first one was my freshman year when the novice 8+ was the JV 8+ that competed in New Englands. As a boat, I don't think we thought we had any chance of medaling. Down the race course, during the final, our coxswain called a 10 for the "gold medal dock" as we pulled away from the second place crew. We won gold that year and about 25 betting t-shirts!


What cartoon character do you identify with?

I would say Jerry from the Tom and Jerry Cartoons. Tom spends all his time trying to catch Jerry, but Jerry always wins because of his craftiness and cunning abilities. I think Jerry is admirable because 1) he is fast 2) he is good at dealing with difficult situations (like someone trying to eat you) and 3) he is smart and witty.



What teammate would you like to trade places with for one day and why?
I would like to trade places with Remi Evans. Because she is jacked and I could therefore spend ALL day simply admiring my guns as I rowed along. And she's a black belt. So I would pick fights with people. Because I would totally win.


What teammate would you like to trade places with for one day and why?
I would like to trade places with Steph Apstein to see what coxing is like and to weigh under 100lbs.


Who do you think has been most influential in your life and why?
My mom because she was always there for me and was a strong athletic woman for me to look up to. I get a lot of my strength and personality from her.

What teammate would you like to trade places with for one day and why?
Loren Massimino because of her constant drive to win on and off season, dedication to training, and daring personality. All traits I wish I had more of.

No comments: