Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bulldog Rowing Camp Day One

First day of Bulldog Rowing Camp is just about finished and the athletes are about to get some much needed rest in about 15 minutes or so...We began in the day with a few diagnostic stretches to see the level of flexibility and core stability and found that a lot of the younger athletes could still make huge improvements. The first group I worked with tried to focus on leverage while the second group after lunch worked on how we could improve our desire to really go after it with a little ergometer demonstration. I have a feeling they'll be more aggressive tomorrow.

Did a lunch time workout with one of the Direktors and am feeling a little bit of post-Henley soreness from the effort...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The new Trinity Rowing website is now online - it will continue to be updated and refined in the coming days but I'm sure everyone will appreciate the new format and ease of use.